Shampoo Soap is made with a unique combination of oils for an all natural alternative to conventional shampoo. It will thoroughly clean your hair, leaving it nourished and refreshed. This is not a syndet shampoo bar. This is a soap created especially for the cleansing of the hair. Follow with my solid Conditioner Bar (click on Hair Products and add to cart).
If you are switching to a shampoo soap for the first time (from using conventional shampoo or a syndet bar), there is a transition period that your hair may need to go through before any buildup from silicones and synthetic ingredients has been washed away. It can take some time to get used to a shampoo soap, but Don't Give Up! You will love your hair once it has gotten used to this new way of washing. You can assist the process by rinsing your hair after each wash with 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or white vinegar (depending on which one your hair responds best to) mixed with 2 cups of warm water. Massage the vinegar rinse into your hair, leave it for a minute or two, then thoroughly rinse the vinegar from your hair followed with a final rinse of cold water to seal the hair shaft. You can also use lemon juice in place of vinegar to rinse your hair.*
Also, hard water will affect the feel of your hair after using shampoo soap. Minerals in the hard water bind to your hair, making it feel waxy. Using a conditioner will help alleviate this problem, including my Solid Conditioner, that will leave your hear feeling soft and manageable. You can also use a vinegar rinse after each shampoo to wash any mineral buildup on your hair caused by hard water.
*If your hair is chemically colored, a vinegar rinse properly diluted should not affect the hair color. I have successfully used a vinegar rinse on my chemically treated hair. Please use your own judgment when deciding to use a vinegar rinse, or you can try it at a weaker dilution of 1 Tbsp vinegar to 3 - 4 cups of water.
Wt. 4.4 oz.
Because of the handmade nature of this product, no two soaps will look alike and will vary slightly in weight.
Sodium Canolate, Apple Cider Vinegar, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Castorate, Sodium Mango Butterate, Sodium Sunflowerate, Rosemary Infused Olive Oil, Rosemary Essential Oil, Bergamot Essential Oil, Indigo Powder
• Canola Oil is a conditioning oil that doesn't weigh down the hair and is helpful in keeping hair follicles healthy.
• Apple Cider Vinegar helps to prevent soap buildup on the hair and also helps to prevent dandruff and maintain a healthy scalp.
• Coconut Oil is a great cleanser. It's high in lauric acid, which supports hair growth and balances pH of the scalp.
• Castor Oil is the only oil that contains ricinoleic acid. This is a conditioning acid that helps to hydrate the hair, and it helps to seal the hair cuticle and promotes a healthy hair follicle.
• Mango Butter is high in oleic and stearic acids that coat the hair shaft without weighing it down. It's able to moisturize and repair the hair shaft. Caffeic acid also present in the butter has antioxidant and fungicidal properties that help with scalp health.
• Sunflower Oil contains high amounts of vitamins and minerals and helps bind moisture to the hair shaft without weighing it down.
• Rosemary Essential Oil and Rosemary Infused into Olive Oil encourages hair growth and promotes a healthy scalp by preventing dandruff. It also helps with detangling.
• Bergamot Essential Oil reduces inflammation and increases blood circulation to the scalp.
*To extend the life of your shampoo soap, keep it away from direct or standing water and allow to dry between uses.